WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Annual Salary up to £50k (Based on experience)
- Working hours are Monday to Friday between 8.00am to 5.00pm (3pm Fridays)
- Permanent Role
- Bonus scheme – up to 20% based on individual, group and site objectives
- 25 Days Annual Leave + bank holidays
BD Managers from a Packaging or Industrial background are encouraged to apply!
A global business specialising in industrial multi-material packaging solutions is seeking additional members to join their team. The company, with multiple sites in the UK and a recent acquisition in the North East, is dedicated to integrity and quality. The goal is to become the UK's supplier of choice for its sectors. The opportunity to contribute to the company's expansion and growth offers exposure to diverse sectors and clients, fostering professional development.
The Business Development Manager role requires strong customer development and sales skills, with a focus on building relationships with key customers. You will ideally have a packaging background; however, you will be considered if you have experience of selling an industrial based product. The role involves expanding existing accounts and relationships, as well as developing new business opportunities to grow revenue. You will act as the primary point of contact between the company and its customers.
Key tasks will include:
- Identify new business opportunities – 80% of your time will be spent on new business
- Develop new relationships in an effort to grow business and help company expand
- Think critically when planning to assure project success
- Maintain regular contact with existing client base to develop on going accounts, emphasising the areas of growth based on small, medium to large sized customers
- Attend face to face meetings with customers in order to gain business
- Identify and develop a prospect list of potential customers and or market sectors for new business generation
- Focus on new prospects and new customer business in terms of sector, industry type and geographical areas
- Provide customers with exceptional pre and after sales support to ensure optimum service levels
- Write and submit periodic reports based on customer activity against budget
- Credit management to determine credit limits and other terms for commercial activity, particularly in the pursuit and management of service agreements
- Keep up to date with current market trends within areas of interest that effect the business or customers
You must have a proven track record within business development management and have the following:
- A full UK driving licence
- Working for a packaging business/industrial business is preferred
- Experience of selling in to the following industries: aerospace, automotive, construction, electronic, engineering, food, industrial, manufacturing, medical/pharmaceutical, oil/gas, retail and storage
- Be well presented and have excellent communication skills.
- You must also have the drive and desire to want to progress, grow and succeed in the role.
This role won’t be on for long!
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to Kyle Jevons who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with us at 01642 612 600 or message Kyle on [email protected].