PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST OPPORTUNITY!
TEESSIDE OR LONDON BASED!
This technical procurement role supports the development of the discipline within our clients Terminals.
This role will also be responsible for the development of the Contract Authoring process for High and Medium Risk contracts, using the NEC4 suite of contracts, creating efficiency and standardisation.
This role will consolidate a range of existing activities, including leading the supplier qualification process, approval of purchase requisitions and placement of purchase orders.
This role will require a large amount of travelling, your base location can be in Teesside OR London.
This role will be reporting to the Procurement Manager.
Note – This role will require lots of travel with overnight stays possibly required!
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Extremely attractive salary package
- Immense career progression opportunities
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- 5% Pension contributory
- Christmas performance bonus
- Car Allowance
- Private healthcare plan
- Death in Service
Our client is an independent bulk liquid storage provider with over 1.28 million cubic metres (cbm) of storage capacity.
Our client operates four terminals, each strategically located in major UK ports and serving key demand centres within the UK.
Across these locations they are able to offer their customer’s unique storage solutions for crude, petroleum, chemical, bitumen, liquefied gas and biofuel products.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- Development of a contract authoring process with the engineering gatekeepers to support the adoption of NEC4 Suite of Contracts.
- Translate project level procurement requirements, scopes of work, risks and liabilities are accurately reflected in NEC4 contract documents for signature.
- Ensure that the core elements of the supplier management program are clearly articulated in all supplier contracts, aligned to contractual key performance indicators.
- Lead the Supplier Approval and review process for client, ensuring that all approvals and renewals are conducted in a timely manner to protect client from risk.
- Manage the entries and renewals into the Contracts database for all terminals, ensuring that Contract renewals, expiry and termination are conducted in a timely manner.
- Ensure that active and deactivated supplier data is reflected into clients ERP Procurement system, ensuring that purchase orders are only placed with approved suppliers.
- Support the supplier due diligence process for Procurement programs.
- Approve purchase requisitions and place purchase orders for all Terminals, ensuring that all Purchase Orders contain sufficient category level detail for Procurement.
- Support the development of procurement reporting and sustainability reporting.
- Support Procurement Advisor raising purchase orders on EPICOR for bids managed by procurement.
- Ability to build, influence and sustain service led relationships with internal customers.
- Development of outcomes led relationships with client supply base and industry bodies.
- Familiarity with ERP systems and Microsoft suite including SharePoint.
- Strong at managing complexity and capable of driving simplification and efficiency.
- Strong decision-making ability using evidence to support the position taken.
- Ability to negotiate the finer contracting elements with suppliers.
- Ability to deputise for the Procurement Manager.
- Demonstrate self-awareness leading to personal improvement as part of succession planning.
- Ideally Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply Chain qualified or prepared to develop.
- Awareness of World Contracting and Commerce expertise and resources.
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills particularly evidencing contracting language.
- Keen interest in environmental and social supply chain sustainability.
Please apply for this position and your CV will go direct to Kyle Jevons who is leading the search. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please get in touch with Kyle on 01642 612 600 or via email at [email protected]