WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Permanent role
- Tyne & Wear location
- Salary £30K-£35K
- 25 days holiday plus stat
- Enhanced pension
- Cycle to work scheme
Westray Recruitment Group is seeking to recruit a talented Product Design Engineer for our client based in the Tyne & Wear area on a permanent contract.
The organisation designs a wide portfolio of products for demanding market sectors within retail solutions. The business prides itself on impeccable customer service, providing bespoke & innovative ideas and enabling its clients to showcase their brand identity.
- Design and develop innovative retail display solutions both in sheet metal work and timber using 3D CAD packages.
- Participate in costing estimation activities and participate in tender cost analysis to ensure competitive bids are submitted and subsequent products are designed and implemented to submitted cost
- Drive NPD projects through the business from conception through to engineering release and subsequent support for production delivery
- Responsible for implementation of all required design information including Bills of Materials / work instructions relating to new product introduction
- Manage engineering change and non-conformance
- Lead and participate in design reviews to ensure current and future products are robust Design for Manufacturing and value engineering ideas are realised in a timely manner
- Project manage the sourcing of engineering prototypes / customer samples through the supply chain / development facility.
- Check engineering release packs for drawing/model inconsistencies
- Identify existing designs where value engineering opportunities exist
- Chair/participate in new product development reviews
- Chair/participate in various meetings; internally, with suppliers and customers.
- Actively participate in developing the use of 3D CAD system standardisation and capabilities
- Manage own workload/reallocation of work as requested by the Technical Services Manager
- Research new technologies that would benefit the business
- Liaise with various departments throughout the company and suppliers to highlight and take advantage of value engineering opportunities
- Undertake site visits and surveys as and when required (both in the UK and abroad)
- Support supplier/vendor assessments for purchased components
- Undertake additional duties as requested by the Technical Services Manager
The Design Engineer (Product) will be a motivated, proactive and confident individual with energy and drive. Through your skills and experience you will play an active role in the continued development and growth of our business. You will have:
- Product Design Engineer or Mechanical design engineer or industrial design background
- Experience of designing sheet metal, timber and acrylic products
- Competent in the use of 3D design packages (such as Solid Edge, or similar)
This is a permanent role comprising of a 37.5-hour week. Working times are Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.
- The package for the Product Design Engineer is between £30K-£35K
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days statutory
- Pension: 3% employee and 5% employer, up to a maximum of 6% each capped
- Cycle to work scheme
Please send your updated CV to Tony Hutchinson or apply direct by calling Westray Recruitment Group